Rebates for high-efficiency toilets (HETs), rainwater harvesting, and turf removal
You can now submit your rebate application and support material including photos and receipts online by going to www.waterrebates.com.
You can also mail your rebate application and support information to:
City of Flagstaff - Water Services
211 W. Aspen Avenue
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Funds for water conservation rebates are available with new rules and forms in effect. All rebates are first-come, first-served. Contact the water conservation office at (928) 213-2116 if you have questions.
- Single-flush toilets must use 1.28 gallons or less per flush; dual-flush toilets can use 1.0/1.1 to 1.6 gallons per flush.
- All devices must be EPA WaterSense® labeled.
- Toilets must have been purchased on or after June 1, 2016.
- New toilet must be replacing an existing toilet; only homes built before 2009 (as noted in the Coconino County Assessor’s parcel database) are eligible since the City code required HETs after that date. Commercial sites built before 2011 are also eligible.
- You must be a current City of Flagstaff water meter customer.
Save Water Before the Holidays!
Rainwater Harvesting Tank Rebate
City of Flagstaff water metered customers can apply for a one-time $100 credit on their utility bill by installing new rainwater harvesting tank(s) that add up to at least 1,000 gallons. The tank(s) must have been purchased on or after June 1, 2016. An on-site inspection of the tank(s) by City of Flagstaff water conservation staff is mandatory prior to processing the rebate. Download a rainwater harvesting rebate application or pick one up on the second floor of City Hall in the Water Services office at 211 W. Aspen Avenue.
Landscape irrigation can account for a large amount of your water bill during the summer. By switching from a grass lawn to a xeriscaped yard with drought-tolerant native plants, you can save both water and money! City of Flagstaff water metered customers can contact the water conservation office at (928) 213-2116 to schedule a FREE pre-turf (lawn) removal inspection of their site to find out if they may qualify for a turf rebate. The rules have recently changed and no rebate will be issued to sites that have already allowed their grass to die or has been removed.
Rules are as follows:
- Rebate amount is $0.25/square foot of turf removed
- Turf must be replaced with approved low-water use plants (list coming soon!)
- Must install at least 50% native plants
- No spray irrigation is allowed in the eligible area
- No ponds or fountains may be on site
- Site must demonstrate a water savings to qualify (i.e. you need to calculate the water use of the newly installed plants)
- Applicant must agree to have a water check up for indoor water use